Monday 14 January 2013

Travel Blog: Australia

12/12/12 - Brisbane, Australia

So today is the worst day EVER.
 We've only been here a few days, settling in etc, and mainly job hunting.  Luckily Rik has been hired in less than a week and is at his first shift at work right now.

I am not meant to be a kept woman. Sitting in the house all day waiting for Rik to come home?! No thanks. I know you're thinking I could be out doing things, but we have no money and I don't know my way around.  I don't even have a book to read.  I feel like Cameron Diaz in The Holiday when she's in a house in a strange country all alone.  As the day drags on I'm trying my hardest not to become hysterical, like Charlize Theron in The Devil's Advocate.

13/12/12 - Brisbane, Australia

Today I have made the decision that I will not be Cameron Diaz or Charlize Theron.
I am Carrie, from Sex and the City, when she moves to Paris with Alex whats-his-name.  I was all cultural, all alone.  I went to a museum, an art gallery and took a walk down the river.  I didn't, however, sit in posh cafes eating delicacies, I can't afford that.
I really need a job now. And some friends please!

No comments:

Post a Comment