Wednesday 1 July 2015

Manchester International Festival Highlights

I know what you're thinking - how can this be a highlights post, MIF has only just begun! 
Well, I'm cherry picking what I predict to be the best of the wonderful cultural festival, what I'm excited to see and hoping to catch during the month.

Tree of Codes - Wayne McGregor
You probably know from the tiniest snoop around my blog that I favour dance over any other type of performance, so of course I'm looking forward to this the most. I have tickets for the preview night (tomorrow) and I can't wait. Not only is it set to feature beautiful choreography from McGregor - who I have only just realised is from Stockport - but he's also teamed up with talented music artist Jamie XX and a visual concept designer. I doubt it's going to disappoint!



Wonder.land

As a brand spanking new musical, this is particularly exciting as it has chosen its premiere right here in Manchester, before moving to the National Theatre in London. An adaptation of Alice in Wonderland, the production cast features the design team behind War Horse so we all have high hopes for this fresh Wonder.land concept.


The Skriker

Well, I won't be able to see this during Manchester International Festival as the whole run is already sold out. But it's continuing until 1st August, so I may just get the chance to see it yet. Maxine Peake, fresh from her Hamlet leading role, returns to The Royal Exchange with a gripping tale of an eerie shapeshifter in The Skriker.



So there is my top three, however everything looks great, I wish I could see it all. Let me know what you get to see during MIF15! J x

No comments:

Post a Comment