Tuesday 21 July 2015

Steak: Simple but Sexy

So a couple of weeks ago, it was a Tuesday night and I fancied a steak. The other half had a night off work so I dragged him to Simple in the NQ, where I'd seen they do a pretty good offer.

On Tuesdays you can get two steaks and a bottle of wine for £20....heaven. For that price my expectations weren't too high, but I have to say it didn't disappoint at all.


Yep...from the picture you can see that we also treated ourselves to cocktails and beers too as it was also HAPPY HOUR.

I really can't say a bad word about the food, it was lovely. I even can't blame the man I spotted across the room who was digging into two steaks and a bottle of red alone. While the place itself is nothing fancy (the name gives it away) it was a nice enough bar for a good meal and a few midweek drinks. I also have to give a special mention to something unique on the menu which I absolutely loved:


So this is chicken skin popcorn. Crunchy, yummy chicken skin!! I've always loved it but you don't often find it on a menu. The Simple chefs have decided to mix this deep fried greatness with salted popcorn for the best bar snack of your life.

Have you found any too-good-to-be-true offers in Manchester? Let me know and I'll go try it out and give you my verdict. J x



No comments:

Post a Comment