Friday 16 October 2015

Autumn Essentials...

It's officially Autumn people! The leaves are turning red and falling from the trees, and even though the sun is still mostly shining there's a definite chill in the air. Which means one thing...updating your A/W wardrobe and beauty bag!!

Take a look at some of my autumn essentials:


The hat.

Hats are so on trend right now, pretty much any hat will do. I don't think it's quite cold enough to pull off a woolly hat though so I've gone for the sophisticated look in a rust colour. I'm not sure if this classes as a Fedora or not, I just call it my floppy hat. It was £20 from H&M and really takes an outfit to the next level in my opinion.




(Yes that is an amazing Slattery's chocolate cake!)

The skincare.

With the weather turning colder, it's more important than ever to look after your skin. The cold outside and the central heating inside can leave skin dull and devoid of moisture. I was lucky enough to be treated to an Elemis set for my birthday - it's expensive but highly recommended!



Pictured: Pro-radiance cream cleanser, pro-collagen marine cream and don't forget your hand cream too.

The boots.

Ankle boots are DEFINITELY an essential this season, and as I'm quite bored of black I decided to go for brown, which I think is the perfect autumnal colour. This lovely pair was a bargain from Dorothy Perkins and I think I'm going to have them on my feet 90% of the time until Christmas as they're a perfect fit with jeans, leggings and tights.






 The ripped jeans.

So everytime I need new jeans I head to Topshop, because they have the biggest variety in styles and sizes so I'm always spoilt for choice. I thought it's about time I bought some ripped jeans and I decided on my favourite fit, Joni. This is my 3rd pair, they look and feel so good!!


[Entire outfit from Topshop]

The smock dress.

While in Topshop I couldn't help picking up this little number. It's available in loads of colours and I just thought it's great for layering and would suit a lot of different casual occasions.





What have you invested in this season? Let me know! J x




No comments:

Post a Comment